Junction 3 library is now open.
The new library has:
- Bright and welcoming children’s section featuring a reading tunnel with slide
- Ten computers for adults and children to use
- The latest fiction and non-fiction and children’s DVDs
- Free Wi-Fi
- Range of other facilities
- Learning and training rooms available to book including an ICT suite.
Visitors can relax and enjoy a coffee from the vending machine whilst they are using the new library and there will be regular events and activities for all the community.
The library sits within a larger development at the site and it forms part of a £8.4 million pound partnership initiative between the city council, Knightstone Housing Association and the Big Lottery Community Libraries Programme. The wider J3 site features seven commercial units, 59 residential units and there are learning and training rooms available to book, including an ICT suite and new public open space.