The new RIBA offices are reworked from what was previsouly the Institute of Physics, a 1950’s building. Theis + Khan were the chosen architects, envisioning a sustainable, sociable and flexible environment with a strong and contemporary identity that embraces new thinking in workplace design.
The new offices comprise of three, interconnected elements. At the front, a seven-storey office tower addresses Portland Place, while a three-storey brick mews forms the rear. These are linked at ground-floor level by a social ‘forum’ space at the very heart of the building.