Attracting young people into construction and new home quality are among the areas of focus to be discussed by industry experts at next year’s NHBC Building for tomorrow roadshows – ‘Future Skills, Future Standards, Future Quality.’
Building for tomorrow is the annual series of seminars where NHBC experts present the latest technical and regulatory updates in house-building as well as sharing best practice gleaned from the 900,000+ site inspections we carry out each year.
Now in their 27th year, the 2018 roadshows will focus on future proofing home building skills, with a look at the Home Building Skills Partnership. There will also be talks from pre-eminent sector professionals on issues including Regulation & Standards as well as an update from Department for Communities and Local Government on The Hackitt Review into building and fire safety regulations.
A look ahead to future quality will include a detailed update on the decision making process for product selection and how the sector can enhance this to help drive better standards for tomorrow’s consumers. The Health and Safety Executive will also provide a look at the latest H&S framework.
Commenting on next year’s agenda, Nick Cunningham, NHBC Regional Director for the South West Region, said:
“With increasing house-building volumes, the pressure to maintain quality and consumer satisfaction grows for all of us in the sector, making Building for tomorrow 2018 the perfect event to hear about current and future challenges.”
“Building for tomorrow is also the ideal platform to network with professionals from across the UK house-building sector and to showcase your latest products to industry leaders, home builders and housing associations.”
The full date and venue listings are as follows, with specially tailored agendas for London, Scotland and Northern Ireland;
- Tuesday, 27 February – South West – Taunton Racecourse
- Thursday, 1 March – Southern – Oxford Belfry
- Tuesday, 6 March – North East – York Racecourse
- Thursday, 8 March – Scotland – Westerwood Hotel, Cumbernauld
- Tuesday, 13 March – South East – Sandown Racecourse, Esher
- Thursday, 15 March – East – Newmarket Racecourse
- Tuesday, 20 March – North West – Haydock Racecourse, Merseyside
- Thursday, 22 March – West – National Motorcycle Museum, Solihull
- Tuesday, 17 April – Northern Ireland – Belfast, venue TBC
- Tuesday, 24 April – London – Central Hall, Westminster
For further event details, and to find out more about the special 3 for 2 offer on all delegate bookings, please visit www.nhbc.co.uk/AwardsandEvents/building-for-tomorrow/, contact buildingfortomorrow(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)nhbc.co.uk or call 0344 633 1000.