The prestigious National Home Improvement Council (NHIC) Annual Awards, which recognise achievement in the UK housing arena were presented at a special luncheon in London on 17 November.
Finalists in award categories covering a spectrum of housing projects and associated activities attended the event hosted by Baroness Maddock, President of the NHIC. The awards were presented by Dr Peter Bonfield OBE, Chief Executive, BRE who also gave the invited audience an interesting overview of his forthcoming government commissioned report.
The principal awards presented were for the following categories:
- Energy Efficiency in Local Communities – Sponsored by British Gas
Winner: East Ayrshire Council
Runner up: E.ON Energy Solutions
- Excellence in Roofing – Sponsored by the National Federation of Roofing Contractors
Winner and Runner up: Monier Redland
- Gas Safety in Social Housing – Sponsored by the Gas Safety Trust
Winner: Wakefield District Housing
- Aluminium Systems for Windows, Doors and Facades – Sponsored by Schueco UK Limited
Winner and Runner Up: L2i Limited
- Home Improvements with Community Benefit – Sponsored by Quality Assured National Warranties
Winner: Amicus Horizon,
Runner up: Totalglazea
In addition the George Plucknett Award named in memory of one of the founders of the NHIC, and given if merited for a project that most closely fulfils the objectives of NHIC, was presented to Amicus Horizon. These awards, first introduced in 1974, continue to help raise the profile of the many inspirational initiatives that are characteristic of our nation’s ingenuity in the field of housing.
More details of the NHIC Annual Awards can be found by visiting www.nhic.org.uk